- 1 sheet of 3 mm TroGlass Frosted
- A suitable material to cover the engraving table (such as paper)
- Paper tape
Laser machine used
- Speedy 360 flexx
- 80 Watt with 2" lens
Any Speedy series laser machine can be used to create this sample.
- Use the acrylic laser cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table for this tutorial
- Remove the protective foil from the side of the acrylic that you are engraving. Leave the foil on the bottom of the material as this protects it from scratches during handling.
Step 1: Importing the design template
Import our design template into your chosen graphics program and adapt it to meet your requirements.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Black & White||enhanced geometries, |
inner geometries first
Step 2: Laser process
We recommend using either the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table, as they avoids back reflections on the material. Position your acrylic sheet onto the laser machine bed, remove the protective foil and cover the rest of the table with paper (or other suitable material) to maximise exhaust power.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- For our sample we used the standard laser parameters from Jobcontrol® which are optimised for speed.
- You can download the material parameters for JobControl® on our website
Step 3: Post-processing
Clean the glass holder with some water and dish-soap.
- You can achieve even better results by selecting the "Quality" laser parameters
- A fiber laser can achieve great laser engraving results when used on dark coloured acrylic
- Using a 1.5" lens results in the engraving becoming very bright. 3 mm material can be cut using this lens
- Additionally, you can also UV-print the material. Our JobControl® Vision software supports you in laser cutting the printed sheets with the highest precision
- Discover advantages of laser processing acrylic in our application pages