Use acrylic to make an individual glass holder.<br/> To browse full engraving material range, please visit www.engraving-supplies.co.za
- 1 sheet of 3 mm TroGlass Satins
(available at Trotec)
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Paper tape
- Speedy 360 flexx
- 80 Watt with 2" lens
For this sample you only can use any laser machine from the Speedy series.
- Use the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table
- Remove the protection foil from the side of the acrylic that you want to engrave. Leaving on the bottom protects the acrylic sheet from scratches during handling.
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design template into your graphic program and adapt it according to your requirements.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Black & White||enhanced geometries, |
inner geometries first
Step 2: Laser process
For a perfect result we recommend to use the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table. It avoids back reflections on the material. Position the acrylic sheet into your laser, remove the protection foil and cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We used the standard laser parameters from Jobcontrol® optimized for speed.
- The material parameters of JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com
Step 3: Post-processing
Clean the glass holder with some water and dish-soap.
- According to your personal taste you can get even more perfect results by using the laser parameters "Quality"
- On dark acrylic you can achieve particularly good results with the fiber laser source of the Speedy flexx
- If you use a 1,.5" lens, the engraving becomes very bright. A 3 mm material can also be cut with this lens.
- Furthermore, you can also UV-print the material. Our JobControl® Vision supports you in cutting out the printed sheets with highest precision.