Download the file and use our instructions to make an acrylic glass holder.
- 1 sheet of 3 mm acrylic (we used frosted)
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Paper tape
- Speedy 360 flexx
- 80 Watt with 2" lens
For this sample you can use any laser machine from the Speedy series.
- Use the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table
- Remove the protection foil from the side of the acrylic that you want to engrave. Leaving it on the other side protects the acrylic sheet from scratches during handling.
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design template into your graphic program and adapt it according to your requirements.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Black & White||enhanced geometries, |
inner geometries first
Step 2: Laser process
For best results, we recommend using the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table. It avoids back reflections on the material. Position the acrylic sheet into your laser, remove the protection foil and cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We used the standard laser parameters from Jobcontrol® optimized for speed.
- The material parameters in JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com
Step 3: Post-processing
Clean the glass holder with some water and dish soap.
- You can optimize your results even more by using the laser parameters "Quality"
- You can get particularly good results on dark acrylic with the fiber laser source from a Speedy flexx
- If you use a 1.5" lens, the engraving becomes very bright. A 3 mm material can also be cut with this lens
- You can also UV-print the material. Our JobControl® Vision supports you in cutting out the printed sheets with highest precision