Impress friends, colleagues and anyone you meet with this unique paper finishing application. Here you can find out how to laser engrave and cut precious paper with the laser machine.
- Paper or cardboard, we used
"Gmund Doubleface 925 brown, silver"
Trotec laser used
- Speedy 300
- 30 watts
- 1.5 inch lens
First, open the template (which you can get here) in your graphic design software of choice, then send it to the laser. Modify it to your liking and then you're ready to go! We used the following parameters on our laser machine, but bear in mind you might have to change these based on your system and the power you have available:
Power: 30 %, Speed: 25 %, Resolution: 500 dpi, air assist on
Power: 30 %, Speed 5 %, Frequency 1000 Hz, air assist on, Z-Offset -2
Power: 25 %, Speed 1.5 %, Frequency 1000 Hz, air assist on
Desert blue (cutting):
Power: 40 %, Speed 2 %, Frequency 1000 Hz, air assist on
- Use the 1.5 inch lens. This makes the detailed text on your card look especially beautiful.
- If you use conventional paper and not a special cardboard, we suggest lowering the laser power appropriately
- Use the vacuum table and honeycomb table for the best results
- Be creative! Adapt the design however you want. The only thing that can limit you is your imagination.