The production of printed products, such as flyers, brochures and invitation cards, has evolved more and more from craftsmanship to industrial production. While offset printing is used for large order volumes, digital printing has become the norm for many print and copy shops due to its wide range of applications for small and medium-sized print runs (up to approx. 5,000 pages per order). The advantage is that no static printing form is used and thus each sheet can be printed differently. In combination with a laser system, many new possibilities for paper finishing are opened up for print service providers and thus new business areas with high-quality products, which means that even small print runs are profitable.
Materials that can be printed using digital printing:
- Paper (finishing in all possible formats and strengths)
By using Trotec laser machines in combination with digital printing you can design your products in a higher quality.
- Advertising technology:
Advertising materials (such as brochure printing), flyers or high-quality packaging
- Copy shops:
Business card finishing, greeting cards, invitation cards, etc.
- Classic print shops:
Labels, packaging, folding boxes, picture books or book covers, among others.
Increased value through individualisation of printed products
The combination of digital printing and laser technology allows copy shops, print shops and other print service providers to offer higher-quality finished products - more than just a single sheet of printed paper. Thanks to end processing with a laser, new business areas and new possibilities are opening up. Whether you need business cards, flyers, brochures, packaging or labels - using laser cutting or laser engraving allows you to make these products more high-quality and sell them at a higher price. With the engraving of logos, the individual laser cutting of names (personalisation) as well as filigree designs, you differentiate yourself from your competitors.
- With an individual laser cut, printed products can be personalised and in turn become higher-quality (e.g. business card finishing or personalisation of invitation cards, etc.)
- This increases the profitability for the print service provider
- Paper finishing is more than simple brochure printing or flyer printing - with laser cutting the quality of finished products is significantly improved
Advantages of a Trotec laser
- Broad product portfolio for every business requirement, including flatbed systems, galvo laser cutters or automated systems
- Register mark recognition via JobControl Vision (flatbed systems) or SpeedMark Vision (Galvo laser system software)
- Through the use of laser technology, you can offer your existing services alongside new ones including contour cutting, fine engraving geometries and perforation.
- This again means more profitability (even small runs are already highly profitable)
Advantages of a Trotec laser machines
- Laser software JobControl or SpeedMark can be used for easy handling of the laser jobs as well as register mark recognition for the most precise cutting and engraving results.
- In the printing industry, there are very many small print service providers in addition to a few large companies, all of which have a similar product portfolio
- With laser finishing, you can easily distinguish yourself from the competition and at the same time offer high-quality products
Advantages of a Trotec laser machine
- Broad product portfolio for every requirement, depending on the order volume (flatbed systems, galvo laser cutter or automated system)
- Professional advice, support and service from Trotec experts
- The laser can be used to bridge the profitability gap for conventional die-cutting, since no cost-intensive cutting dies are required
- Minimal set-up times (digital data, software-controlled) result in short production and delivery times
Advantages of a Trotec laser machine
- GS1200 for automated paper finishing
- SpeedMark software for data import, graphics processing and also the generation of bar codes, user surface (adapted with the help of macros) and processing of variable data from external systems and databases