- Before performing an update, ensure you have full administrator rights in Windows.
- The update should be run immediately after the Windows start-up to avoid conflicts with other applications.
- Before updating the software, create a service file to save the parameter data in the current material database.
How do I create a service file?A service file is created in the JobControl laser software. It is used to save the material database settings. Use the following steps to create the service file:
- Click on the “Help” tab in JobControl.
- The “Create service file” command will create the file.
- Save the service file locally so that it is available again post-update.
How do I export my parameter data?
- Begin by opening the material database within JobControl, then double-click the edit box.
- The “Export all” command will export the parameter data in the context menu of the settings as an XML file on your PC.
- The paramteter data can be reloaded post-update using the “Import from file” command.
Follow the instructions below when performing a JobControl® laser software update to ensure that no data or information is lost in the process.