- 12 sheets of 18" x 24" prefinished wood,
- 1 sheet of 12" x 24" frosted acrylic
- At least 50 brass "S" hooks
- Drop ceiling hangers or permanent hooks for a solid ceiling
Step 1: Create the layout
Using the panel sizes provided, create a layout in a graphics program like a puzzle. We have provided the layout used in this sample here, but you can create any combination to fit your space. Make sure that you place the location of the connecting holes accurately!
Step 2: Create each panel
Adjust the connecting holes to fit each panel. Create a new copy of each panel and adjust the connecting holes using guides in your graphics program and the layout. Label each panel with a number to ensure that you have accounted for each one.
Step 3 - User Settings
Cut out the panels.
Mahogany Wood Panels
Cutting: Power: 100% - Speed: 0.9% - Frequency: 2500 Hz - Air Assist: ON
Cutting: Power: 50% - Speed: 0.2% - Frequency: 20000 Hz - Air Assist: ON
Step 4 - Assemble the Panels
Layout the panels on the floor to ensure that everything lines up. Start with the top panels and connect the screen divider to the ceiling using the hooks. Work across and then down, using the "S" hooks to connect the panels. Once completed, stand back and admire your creation!
- Using pre-finished wood means that there are less finishing steps for top quality results
- Cleaning the smoke residue before lifting the panels out of the laser machine with a damp cloth makes it easier to see if you missed any spots.
- Using pliers to manipulate the "S" hooks while assembling makes it easier for the panels to be attached together.
- Using frosted acrylic instead of wood for a few panels adds a nice decorative touch.