Create this wooden pen holder using our templates and instructions.
Wood sheets are available from our engraving supplies webshop.
- 1 sheet solid wood maple 300 x 100 x 5 mm
- A suitable material such as paper to cover the engraving table
- Pens and business cards to display
Check the thickness of the material before processing and adapt the kerf if necessary.
Step 1: Importing/creating the design template
Create your own design or use our template. You can adjust our template to suit your requirements.
You can adapt the diameter of the holes depending on the pens you want to display.
Send the job to the laser using the following print settings:
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|colour||enhanced geometries, inner geometries first|
Step 2: Laser Cutting
Adjust the parameter settings in your laser software. The suggested parameters will differ depending on your laser machine and its available laser power:
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
|Creasing: red||cut CO2||7||1||1000|
|Cutting: red||cut CO2||100||1.6||1000|
We used the standard 5 mm solid maple parameters from JobControl®.
Step 3: Cleaning and assembly
Remove the wood from the laser machine bed and clean it using a damp cloth. To assemble it, simply put together the two parts.
To finish, fill your display with pens and business cards and it is now ready to be used as a point of sale display.
- Let your creativity flow and make this pen holder using different materials and different shapes or designs.
- This pen holder can be prodced and then personalised for customers at a later date.