- 1/4 sheet TroLase ADA Signage, 3.2 mm
- 10 mm foam
- A suitable material to over the laser machine bed, such as paper
Laser machine used
- 120 watt Speedy 400
- 2" lens
- Vacuum table
- Laser acrylic cutting grid for TroLase ADA Signage
- Honeycomb laser cutting table for the foam
Any Speedy laser engraver series can be used to create this sample.
- TroLase ADA Signage is a material well suited to producing these boxes due to its flexibility. The parts also fit together well once laser cut.
- Ensure that that the foam you are using is suitable for laser engraving and laser cutting. Do not use material containing PVC or other prohibited materials.
Step 1: Importing or creating the design template
Begin by either creating your own design or using our template. To quickly create a box design you can visit makeabox.io. Our box template has an outer shell, a lid and a double foam insert. To start send the graphics for the outer shell and lid to your laser machine with the following parameters:
Step 2: Laser cutting the box
Use the pre-defined parameters in JobControl for ADA Signage for the outer shell and lid. Please be aware that these will vary depending on your laser machine and its available power. Load the ADA Signage onto the acrylic laser cutting grid of your laser machine and begin laser cutting the pieces.
Step 3: Design Foam
We have used relief mode to engrave the foam. This allows us to achieve different depths when engraving, allowing for optimal positioning of the tags at different levels of the box. This is easy to achieve, you simply need to define different grayscales within the graphic. A darker colour equals a darker engraving. Use the following parameters when sending the graphics to your laser:
Step 4: Laser process foam
Now position the foam into the laser machine and cover the remaining workspace with paper. Begin laser cutting the two parts of the insert.
Step 5: Cleaning & Assembly
Combine the shell and outer lid together. Insert the foam and attach your nametags (multi-layer nametags will stand out in this box). You can create nametags by following our other tutorial: Name Tags "Paolas Cupcakes"
The additional bar in the lid holds the display box straight. To transport the box remove the bar from the lid, put it into position and close the lid. The elegant design of this box is sure to impress customers!