When starting a business or entering the laser cutter business, creating a firm business plan is essential, as this tells you the most important topics to discuss with your laser machine area manager:
- What can be produced with a laser machine?
- How many machines do you need for a targeted production volume?
- How many employees are needed to start a laser business, or should it be supervised by one person at the beginning?
- How much space is required for one or more laser machines?
- Which technical and safety regulations need to be followed?
Discover answers to the most important questions as well as further links to important information in the following FAQs. Take your time to explore the technical, organisational and costing issues and contact our Trotec experts in case you need help – they are happy to advise you.
What sets a laser cutter apart is the clean machining and processing of countless materials. With laser cutters, you can cut and engrave a wide variety of materials. Therefore, laser cutters offer small businesses many interesting opportunities in the production of signs, decorative items, prototypes and models. Personalised gifts, promotional items and simple everyday objects are unique items that can generate significant profit.
With laser technology, you can flexibly produce both one-off pieces and high order volumes and work very profitably.
Get an initial overview of "Laser cutters – what models are available and what do they offer?".
Laser machines work in the field of thermal cutting, so wherever cutting, engraving or marking is required, the laser beam hits the material with high energy so that it vaporises. Amazingly clean cuts, engravings and markings can be made with high precision and speed.
The variety of materials that a laser cutter can process offers a wide range of products for your customers, including wood, paper, plastic, textile, glass, metals and much more.
Trotec's Speedy series includes the Speedy 400, the fastest and most productive laser cutter on the market. Speedy series models are available in different sizes and are available with different features:
- Dimension of the working area
- Laser power CO2
- Laser power fiber
What distinguishes Speedy laser machines?
- High quality and speed, producing clean cuts and engravings (4.3 m/s and 5g acceleration).
- The motion control system OptiMotionTM, which automatically adapts the cutting speed to the geometry, delivers even greater contour accuracy when cutting, as well as maximum productivity.
- flexx Technology: CO2 and fiber laser sources are housed in a single machine. This allows a wide variety of materials, including wood and metal to be processed in a single step.
- Multi-functional table concept: Depending on the application, the ideal table can be selected and easily switched to ensure the highest processing quality and productivity.
What businesses are Speedy laser engraving machines suitable for?
Sign makers, advertising technicians and creative people who like to realise their ideas and create individual products and designs.
Laser cutters give you the ability to produce and personalise a wide variety of different products and materials through laser cutting and engraving. High utilisation of the machine can generate additional sales. Consider offering personalised products. Personalised items delight customers and fetch higher market prices – product personalisation often attracts 5 to 10 times the price of a standard product.
Our laser experts are always on hand to help you learn more about topics including photoengraving, acrylic cutting, woodworking with the laser cutter and how laser engraving and cutting can be made more precise. Whether looking for advice or more in-depth training, Trotec are here to help.
Get more tips & tricks, contact us today.
Trotec laser cutters incorporate a variety of patented technological developments that are designed, among other things, to maximise service life and minimise maintenance.
Nevertheless, there may come a time when you need support, questions may arise or a fault may occur. Our experts from service and support are available to make sure your machine rapidly resumes operation.