Create a beautiful room divider using prefinished wood. This helps segment large spaces and adds a touch of art to any room.
- 12 sheets of 18" x 24" prefinished wood,
- 1 sheet of 12" x 24" frosted acrylic
- At least 50 brass "S" hooks
- Drop ceiling hangers or permanent hooks for a solid ceiling
Trotec Laser Used:
- Speedy 400
- 80 watts
- 2.5 inch lens
Using the panel sizes provided, create a layout in a graphics program like a puzzle. We have provided the layout used in this sample here, but you can create any combination to fit your space. Make sure that you place the location of the connecting holes accurately!
Adjust the connecting holes to fit each panel. Create a new copy of each panel and adjust the connecting holes using guides in your graphics program and the layout. Label each panel with a number to ensure that you have accounted for each one.
Cut out the panels.
Mahogany Wood Panels
Cutting: Power: 100% - Speed: 0.9% - Frequency: 2500 Hz - Air Assist: ON
Cutting: Power: 50% - Speed: 0.2% - Frequency: 20000 Hz - Air Assist: ON
Layout the panels on the floor to ensure that everything lines up. Start with the top panels and connect the screen divider to the ceiling using the hooks. Work across and then down, using the "S" hooks to connect the panels. Once completed, stand back and admire your creation!
- Using pre-finished wood means that there are less finishing steps for top quality results
- Cleaning the smoke residue before lifting the panels out of the laser machine with a damp cloth makes it easier to see if you missed any spots.
- Using pliers to manipulate the "S" hooks while assembling makes it easier for the panels to be attached together.
- Using frosted acrylic instead of wood for a few panels adds a nice decorative touch.