- 1 sheet of solid wood walnut 5 mm
- Material suitable to cover the machine bed (such as paper)
By covering the free laser bed space with paper even slightly bent material can be rectified.
Begin by importing our design template into your graphics software and adjusting as required. We used the free Autodesk Software 123D Design and 123D Make. Once you are happy with the graphic send it to the JobControl® laser software using the following parameters.
The characteristics of individual wood sheets can vary due to wood being a natural product. We recommend that you test the parameters on spare material prior to producing the final work piece.
Set the parameters as described below. They may vary depending on your laser machine and it's available laser power.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
Clean the parts while they are still in the machine and the vacuum is on. This allows you to efficiently wipe the complete material surface. Sort the individual parts and assemble them.
It is helpful to mark the front of the single pieces with adhesive tape as this makes it easier to identify them post-processing.
- You can cut the parts of the bowl from different types of wood and mix them during assembly.
- A fruit bowl can be personalised with a laser engraving. This is ideal as it allows you to create a standard bowl then add personalisation later in line with customer orders.
- Additional wood applications can be found here.