Our brand new tutorial allows you to create unique nametags using different TroLase engraving materials and your laser machine. You can purchase TroLase and other engraving materials from our webshop.
- TroLase Purple/White 1.6 mm L582-206
- TroLase Burgundy/White 1.6 mm L622-206
- TroLase Light grey/White 1.6 mm L322-206
- Magnet for name tags
Laser machine used:
- Speedy 360, 80 Watts, 1.5" lens
Any Speedy series laser engraving machine can be used to create these samples.
- We used the 1.5" lens to create these samples due to the nature of the design
- Use the acrylic laser cutting grid or the aluminium cutting grid table. It keeps beam reflections on the material to a minimum.
In the below video tutorial you can see the complete production process:
Begin by importing our template into your graphics program and adapting it as required. You can also use your own designs to create your name tags.
Our template is designed for 1.6 mm material. You will need to adapt the parameters if you are using thicker or different materials.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Colour||enhanced geometries, |
inner geometries first
Position your material onto your laser bed. To maximise exhaust power you can cover the empty bed space with paper.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- In our example we have used the standard JobControl® speed parameters
- You can download TroLase and other material parameters for JobControl® from www.troteclaser.co.uk
- To reduce cleaning time begin the engraving job from the bottom
Once all parts have been laser cut and engraved you can assemble them using superglue. Attach a magnet or pin to the back of your tags and they are ready to use!
To enahnce the finished results you can use the quality parameters, which allows for a refined laser engraving.