Using simple artificial felt, a needle, thread and your Trotec laser machine you can make exceptional felt slippers for your family and guests with our handy tutorial.
- 3mm artificial felt green (approx. 17 x 13"/420 x 315 mm)
- 3 mm artificial felt grey (approx. 9 x 12"/220 x 300 mm)
- Material to cover the engraving table (for example paper)
- Needle and thread
Laser machine used:
- Speedy 360
- 80 Watt, 2" lens
This sample can be created with any laser machine from the Speedy series.
- Too much laser power for cutting the felt reduces the quality of the cutting edges.
- The honeycomb cutting table top allows you to achieve the best results. It is ideally used in combination with the vacuum table.
Begin by importing our design template or your own design into your graphic program. The template is for shoe size 5.5/6.5 (UK). Edit as needed before sending the files (sole and top parts) to the laser separately.
Put the green felt into the laser and cover the rest of the table to maximise the exhaust power and cutting results. Engrave and cut the soles and the top parts from the green felt. Then cut the soles again out of the gray felt.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- The parameter file for your JobControl can be found at the end of this tutorial.
- Due to the Z-offset during engraving the material is melted, offering a glossy appearance.
Align the grey and green sole and the green top part. On the inner side of the sole you will find positioning mark for the various parts. Sew the three parts together. The laser cut holes make this step very easy.
- The Trotec laser machine allows you to add the recipients' names on the slippers quickly and easily. The serial print function of CorelDraw allows you to add a complete list of different names automatically for easy personalisation.
- Enlarge the design and produce giant felt slippers as a fun storage solution for children.