Trotec was formed in 1997 from a research branch of Trodat and has since become a world leader in the field of laser technology and laser manufacturing. As part of the Trodat Trotec Group, Trotec develops, manufactures and markets laser systems for marking, cutting and engraving, as well as manufactures and supplies a range of engraving materials. Trotec sets new standards, serves customers in more than 90 countries and has more than 500 employees worldwide.
In 2015, the Upper Austrian laser manufacturing company's revenue exceeded €100 million for the first time. The high-technology laser systems manufacturer relies on the ongoing expansion of its technological lead and customer orientation. The field staff are qualified and continuously trained by Trotec's in-house Academy. With 17 sales subsidiaries and an export quota of 97%, Trotec is highly active internationally.
Under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH, Trodat operates globally in the area of stamp production while Trotec operates in lasers.
The group currently generates a total sales volume of more than €249 million and has approximately 1,500 employees in more than 35 subsidiaries. The group is present in more than 150 countries with a total export quota over 98%.
Both Trodat and Trotec act as subsidiaries under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH. Trodat is by far the world’s largest manufacturer of stamps and Trotec leads the world market for laser engraving, cutting and marking.
Trodat Trotec Holding management:
Dr. Norbert Schrüfer, CEO
Mag. MBA Peter Köstler, CFO
Trodat-Trotec Holding GmbH is a private company 74.9% owned by the family foundations Müller-Just and 25.1% by the ImWind Group based in Lower-Austria.
- Purpose of enterprise: Manufacture and sale of CO₂ and fiber laser systems for engraving, marking and cutting various materials.
- Company foundation: 1997 in Wels, Austria
- Address: Freilingerstr. 99, A-4614 Marchtrenk, Austria
- Production Locations:
- Marchtrenk, Austria: Production of CO₂ and fiber laser plotters
- Markdorf, Germany: Construction of special devices
- New Bern, North Carolina, USA: Production of engraving materials
- Sales volume in 2017: €130 mio.
- CEOs: DI Dr. Andreas Penz, Christian Spicker, Simon Moore, DI Martin Rehling
- Employees: 500
- Export quota: 97 % (worldwide)
- Offices: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, Italy, Spain, India, Mexico
- 51 showrooms worldwide
- Distributor network with 113 partners worldwide
- Product portfolio: Rayjet, Speedy series, SP series, SpeedMarker series, ProMarker series, laser & engraving material, industry solutions, automated equipment
- Awards: ISO50001, ISO9001, ISO14001, User Experience Award, Green Building Award, Hidden Champions 3.0 – Award by WKO, iF Design Award
For enquiries concerning public relations, we will be happy to help you.
Phone: +44 (0) 191 580 1184