Use TroLase ADA Signage to make a fancy wall clock.
To browse our full selection of materials, please visit www.trotec-materials.com
- TroLase ADA Signage - 1/4 sheet 1.6 mm black with adhesive foil
- TroLase ADA Signage - 1/4 sheet 1.6mm light grey
- Rest of TroLase ADA Signage 1.6 mm red with adhesive foil
(materials available at Trotec)
- Material to cover the laser engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Paper tape
- Speedy 360
- 80 Watt with 1.5" lens
For this sample we recommend using any laser machine from the Speedy series.
- Use the acrylic slat cutting table or the acrylic cutting grid table. The laser cutting table delivers super laser cutting results by eliminating reflections of the laser beam.
- To protect the material from getting scratched, remove the protective foil after laser processing.
- We used the 1.5" lens for this sample due to the filigree graphics
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design template into your graphic program and send the jobs to the laser.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
Step 2: Laser process
We recommend using the acrylic slat cutting table or the acrylic cutting grid table for best results. The laser cutting table minimizes the reflections of the laser beam on the back of the material. Position the TroLase sheet into your laser machine and cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- To optimize quality, we used the standard laser machine parameters from JobControl®. Due to the filigree design, we suggest these settings. With faster "speed" parameters you can cut the light grey base plate.
- You can download the material parameters for JobControl® from www.troteclaser.com
Step 3: Post-processing
Start by removing the protective foil from the base plate. Then remove the protective foil from the adhesive, and glue the two discs together. Then remove the protective foil from the top plate and position the red part. Next, mount the clockwork and this extraordinary design object is ready.
- You can use other materials such as TroGlass, Acrylic or wood to produce this sample. You can find a large number of materials on www.trotec-materials.com.
- With the fiber laser from the Speedy flexx, we have been able to mark the watch hands as well.