Wall clock from TroLase ADA Signage
Use the instructions and template below to create a unique wall clock using TroLase ADA Signage materials on a Speedy laser machine.
Learn more about our line of high-quality, low-cost engraving materials at www.engraving-supplies.com.
- TroLase ADA Signage - 1/4 sheet 1.6 mm black with adhesive foil
- TroLase ADA Signage - 1/4 sheet 1.6mm light grey
- Rest of TroLase ADA Signage 1.6 mm red with adhesive foil
(materials available at Trotec)
- Material to cover the laser engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Paper tape
- Speedy 360
- 80 Watt with 1.5" lens
For this sample we recommend using any laser machine from the Speedy series.
- Use the acrylic slat cutting table or the acrylic cutting grid table. The laser cutting table delivers super laser cutting results by eliminating reflections of the laser beam.
- To protect the material from getting scratched, remove the protective foil after laser processing.
- We used the 1.5" lens for this sample due to the filigree graphics
Step by step
Step 1: Import /create design template
Create youe own design, or import our design template into your graphic program and send the jobs to the laser machine.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
Step 2: Laser process
For best laser cutting results, we recommend using the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table. They minimize the reflections of the laser beam on the back of the material. Position the ADA sheet into your laser machine and cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- For the best laser cutting results, we used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimized for quality. We recommend these settings due to the filigree design. You can use faster speed parameters to cut the light grey base plate.
- You can download the material parameters for JobControl® at www.troteclaser.com.
Step 3: Post-processing
Start by removing the protective foil from the base plate. Then remove the protective foil from the adhesive, and glue the two discs together. Then remove the protective foil from the top plate and position the red part. Next, mount the clockwork and this extraordinary design object is ready.
- You can use other materials such as glass, acrylic or wood to produce this sample. You can find a large number of materials on www.engraving-supplies.com.
- You can also mark the watch hands with the fiber laser from the Speedy flexx laser machine.