- two different color sheets of acrylic in any color
of your choice (3 mm)
- self-adhesive thin cork
cutting table or acrylic cutting grid table
Step 1: Design
Download the files below and scale to fit the size coaster you would like.
Step 2: Laser settings
Power 35%, Speed 0.3%, Frequency 10000 Hz, Air Assist: ON
Power 25%, Speed 4%, Frequency 500 Hz, Air Assist: ON
- Make sure that you collect and save all of the inner pieces after cutting to use for assembly.
Step 3: Assemble
Once the pieces are cut, remove the backing on the cork, and place the outer section of one colour acrylic on it. Now use the inner sections of the opposite acrylic to fill in the spaces. The adhesive side of the cork will hold everything in place.
- Use the pieces left over to create a second coaster.
- Make the graphic larger, and cut it out of thicker wood to create a trivet. Discard the inner pieces and put small rubber feet on the bottom to protect your table.
- You can also use felt to line the bottom of the coaster, just make sure to use adhesive on the outer and inner pieces to secure everything in place.