A Competitive Advantage in Model Making and modelling
- Use one tool to cut all material, and complete all cutting, engraving, and marking project requirements
- Make scale models that are perfect replicas
- Save up to 80% on model production time. Prioritize creative design without compromising deadlines
- Take any architecture design and turn it into a laser cut model
Easy to Use
- Conveniently input measurements directly from your preferred CAD program, or, use TroCAM software
- A Trotec laser is as easy to use as a printer, with one-step, no contact processing
- Choose from, and combine, many different materials with no processing restrictions
Produce Superior Architectural Models
- Build to scale, maintaining accuracy to the nearest 10th of a millimeter
- Create details that set your model apart from the competition with artistic engraving
- Create impeccable model trains, house models and other miniature models
We're speaking with A B Scale Model, an architectural model making firm based out of Vancouver, BC. See how they use their massive SP1500 laser cutting machine to make amazing building models and city infrastructure for their clients.
Get in touch with A B Scale Model: +1 (604) 879-7383
To watch more videos, check out our Youtube channel!
Operating a Trotec laser system is as easy as operating a printer. Layouts for architectural models are printed directly from the design program, and the laser parameters are indicated. You can thus be certain that the laser will cut your model buildings quickly and reliably.
Many different materials are used in architectural model making: textiles, wood, veneer, MDF, synthetic materials, plastics, PMMA, cardboard, paper, foam, polystyrene, foils and films, acrylic, and many more. These materials require different treatment by the laser in order to achieve optimum results. Trotec offers a wide range of useful tools for this purpose: vacuum table, pass-through, different lenses, gas kit, and many more.
With laser technology, you can produce even the finest geometries with maximum precision. This gives you complete freedom when designing your models. And through first-class engraving of surface textures and façade structures, you can produce presentation and competition models of the highest quality and detail.
Milling requires a different tool head for different materials, geometries and material strengths. The laser beam is the universal tool for all geometries and material strengths.
Trotec lasers can be used for both cutting and engraving with maximum precision. High-quality axis drives and intelligent air flow of the Trotec lasers ensure that the results are always optimal. Engrave surface textures and façade structures and cut building models with maximum quality and detail.
"We need a machine that is able to quickly create all sorts of interesting designs in both wood and plastic. Our Speedy 100 does this beautifully, not to mention saving us hundreds of man-hours. We’re hoping to upgrade to a bigger laser with a bigger bed size."- David W. MacLean P.Eng. - Vice President of Our Home and Miniature Land -
"My Trotec Speedy 400 flexx isn't just a good CNC laser, it's a mind blowing creative powerhouse. When it came time for me to buy a CNC laser, Trotec Laser was the only machine in the running. The fiber tube works great and the CO2 laser is consistent and powerful."- Jon Cantin - President of CNCROi.com -
"We’ve built very impressive models with our 9 year old laser including our elaborate Burj Khalifa Dubai Tower project. Our Trotec TP1313 is one of our most reliable machines in our operation and it has very little maintenance requirements."- Peter McCann - owner of Peter McCann Architectural Models Inc. -