or muffin Case
Step by step
Learn how to create a muffin/cupcake case with your Trotec laser machine. Made from our incredibly popular TroLase Thins material, these festive cases will add the perfect finishing touch to your Christmas sweets.
Step by step
Step 1: Design
You can use the template we have provided, or alternatively, you can create your own unique design. The parcels are defined as engraving areas by the black fill. Snow crystals and border lines must be defined as cutting lines (width: hairline; R: 255; G: 0 B: 0). To add a personal touch, simply insert text at the bottom of the graphic.
Step 2: Bend graphic
In order to bend the strip to a muffin case, you need to bend the graphics in Adobe Illustrator using the warping tool. If you are using Corel Draw you need to use the tool 'Envelope' (Menu: Effects > Envelope > Simple arc > Putty). Hold Ctrl and then drag the lines to the desired arc.
Step 3: Settings
Cutting: power: 300% - speed: 1.5% - frequency: 1000 Hz- air assist: ON
Engraving: power: 70% - speed: 80% - frequency: 500 ppi - air assist: ON - Z-Offset: 1mm - high quality: ON
In the menu plate setup, select start position bottom. Remove the protection foil from the laminate and check the vacuum. Focus the laser and you are ready to go!
Step 4: Tips & Tricks
- Ensure that you consider the cutting sequence - In the product process the cutting lines are considered bottom up. Place the outline at the top position in Corel Draw Object Manager
- Cover unused parts of the table with paper in order to increase your vacuum.
- Select the engraving start position as 'bottom'. This prevents deposits from setting on engraved areas which could discolour the product.
- First clean with a damp cloth then dry, preferably whilst it is still in the machine.
- If colour residues are present it is important to check the parameters, focus and check the rest of the laminate on the table.