Card, any colour, 1.6mm thickness
Step 1: Graphics
In your graphics program open our template or create your own design. We have prepared two design templates:
- Business card rack with name
- Display for brochures or city maps with the corresponding skyline
In the below video tutorial we show you how to transform a picture into a skyline for use in your design.
Step 2: Laser processing
While laser cutting and engraving the stand, it's important to ensure that the full extraction power is available for the processing table. To achieve this cover the remaining processing area with paper or cardboard.
Depending on how intricate the graphics are, the cutting speed should be adjusted.
Laser parameters used in our example:
Engraving: Power: 20% - Speedy: 30% - Frequency: 500ppi – Air-Assist: ON – Z-Offset: +0.5mm
Slitting: Power: 6% - Speed: 0.6% - Frequency: 1000 Hz – Air-Assist: ON
Cutting: Power: 15% - Speed: 0.5% - Frequency: 1000 Hz – Air-Assist: ON
Step 3: Assembling your display
- Take the stand and rotate the engraved lower part to the left.
- Bend the same part inwards, using the scribed lines.
- Insert the tabs into the slits. During this step, make sure that minimal pressure is exerted onto the pattern for the rounding.
- For improved stability, bend the top of the tab at the scribed line inward.
- Once you have assembled the holder all you have to do is add your business cards and your creation is complete.