Use acrylic to make this extraordinary Christmas tree (to order engraving materials, please visit our engraving supplies webshop)
- half sheet of 3 mm acrylic of any colour
- fabric band or nylon cord
- Super Glue
- Christmas decoration
Use the acrylic grid cutting table for perfect cutting results on acrylic jobs.
Import our design template into your graphic program or make your own design. Send your design to the laser.
|process mode||resolution||cut line|
|colour||enhanced geometries |
inner geometries first
Laser cutting acrylic creates elegant, polished edges. Position the acrylic sheet into your laser and cover the rest of the table to maximise the exhaust power. Remove the protective foil after laser processing.
|colour||process||power (%)||speed (%)||ppi/HZ|
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl optimised for quality
- The material parameters of JobControl can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.co.uk
To assemble the Christmas tree, thread the fabric bands through the single rings starting with the smallest one.
Fasten the rings with knots or use Super Glue to hold them in position. In our sample we used a distance of 25 - 30 cm between the rings.
Now let your creativity flow and decorate the acrylic tree with any items you like.
Do not use candles with real flames on this acrylic tree. Use electrical candles or light chains to illuminate it.
- You can refine the design by engraving the rings or changing the shape of the cutting contour.
- For a taller tree with more rings use a second acrylic sheet and integrate the additional rings into the tree.
- To add a touch of sparkle to your tree, use our new TroGlass Metallic sheets