In need of a bright idea to jazz up your space? Give your standard IKEA table lamp a floral upgrade using your Trotec laser.
Step-by-step instructions and a design template are available below.
- Photo cardboard or thick paper (approx. 180 - 300 g/m²)
- IKEA table lamp (ARRIE model) with LED bulb
- Material to cover the laser work area (e.g., paper sheets)
Trotec Laser and Accessories
- Speedy 400 (120W)
- 1.5" lens
- Acrylic Cutting Grid Table or Honeycomb Cutting Tabletop
Download our template and, if needed, adapt the graphics to your lamp shade's size.
Once you have positioned the paper on your laser's work area, activate the exhaust and cover the remainder of the space with paper sheets. This technique will strengthen the suction force on the lamp shade, thereby preventing it from moving when cut.
Send the file to your laser using the following JobControl® Print settings:
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Color||Enhanced geometries, Inner geometries First|
|Process||Colour||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
The laser parameters may vary depending on your laser machine and its wattage.
Detach the lamp shade frame from the lamp stand. Next, secure the laser-cut paper lamp shade on the frame. Finally, mount the frame on the stand.
Your floral lamp is now ready to light up your space!
- Only use an LED bulb
- Ensure that sufficient distance is maintained between the light bulb and the lamp shade