Let your imagination soar with an airplane model made from Trotec's veneered wood!
Step-by-step instructions and a downloadable template are available below.
- 1 sheet of Trotec Veneered Wood (1/8")
- Material to cover the laser's work area (e.g., printing paper)
- Wood glue (optional)
Create your own design, or use our template (available below) and adjust the graphics as needed. Use the following JobControl® Process Options in the Print menu:
Our template has been designed for 1/8-inch-thick veneered wood. Adapt the sizes of the connecting pieces and slots in accordance with your material's thickness.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|color||enhanced geometries, |
inner geometries first
Place the wood sheet on your laser's work area. Cover the remaining space with material (e.g., standard printing paper) to maximize the exhaust's suction on the workpiece. This trick prevents the wooden sheet from moving out of place when being processed.
Open the JobControl® Materials database window and enter the parameters indicated below.
NOTE: The exact parameters may vary depending on your laser system and its wattage.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- Click Here to download the recommended JobControl® parameters
- The higher the Z-offset, the darker the resulting engravings will be. However, the engraving will not be as fine. For this application, we recommend a Z-offset value of +4 to a maximum of +6 mm.
Clean the surfaces and edges of the cutouts using a damp, lint-free cloth.
Finally, assemble the airplane by fitting the pieces together. Use wood glue if necessary.
Your model airplane is now ready!
- To allow the propeller to move, do not glue the propeller or secure the wooden washer too tightly.
- If you want to give the model as a gift, you can engrave the name of the recipient on fuselage or wings.
- Add a pop of colour to your airplane by cutting the wings from 1/8" TroGlass Color Gloss.
- Create different types of aircraft: jets, helicopters, gliders — and even hot air balloons!