In order to perform an update on your JobControl, you can follow the following instructions. Following these steps will ensure that no files or information are lost through the software update.
- Prior to performing this update, ensure that you have full admin rights in Windows
- Right after Windowns has started up, run the update to avoid conflicts with other applications
- Prior to updating the software, create a file to save the current parameter data in the material database
On top of these steps, I recommend saving the material database before updating the software. You will find instructions here.
How do I create a service file?
The service file is created in the JobControl software and saves the material database settings. Use the following steps to create the service file:
- Click on the “Help” tab in JobControl.
- The “Create service file” command creates the file.
- Save the service file locally in order to have it available again after the update.
How do I export my parameter data?
- Open the material database in JobControl by double-clicking on the edit box.
- Use the “Export all” command to export the parameter data in the context menu of the settings as an XML file on your PC.
- After the update, you can load the parameter data back into the software using the “Import from file” command.
Then please contact our technical support. We will take care of the problem and find a solution quickly.