Ball-point pen display
Step-by-Step instructions and templates
Use our template below to make this counter display. Just adapt the dimensions of your pens and start production.
The engraving materials are available at Trotec. (Browse our product range for more information.)
- 1/2 sheet MDF 600 x 300 x 6mm
- 1/2 sheet MDF 600 x 300 x 6mm with double-sided adhesive foil
- 1/2 sheet TroGlass Color Gloss 3mm with double-sided adhesive foil
- Rest of TroLase Lights for the branding
- Speedy 400
- 100 Watt
- 2" lens
For this sample you can use a Speedy 360 or Speedy 400 laser machine from the Speedy laser engraver series.
- Cut the MDF on the aluminum cutting grid table. For the acrylic, use the acrylic cutting grid table for or the acrylic slat cutting table
- The elliptic shape beneath the rectangle helps you to compensate thickness variations of the material. The elliptical shape makes the slot more flexible.
Step by step
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design into your graphic program and change it according to your requirements.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Black & White|
Step 2: Laser process
Cut all parts out of MDF using the aluminum cutting grid table. Next, cut and engrave the acrylic on the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table to avoid back reflections on the material. Finally, cut the letters out of TroLase Lights.
|Material||Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)|
|TroLase Lights||red||Cut CO2||17||2|
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimized for speed
- The material parameters of JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com
Step 3: Post-processing
Clean all parts using a damp cloth. Glue the two MDF parts together and add the acrylic piece on top. Make sure that all pieces are positioned precisely on top of each other. Use an angle stop if necessary to avoid shifting of the parts. Next, glue the letters made of TroLase Lights on the acrylic. Finally, insert the stands into the slots at the back of the display.
Instead of the adhesive letters, you can directly engrave on the acrylic.