Use your laser machine to make this beautiful, eye-catching, laser-cut acrylic Christmas tree.
- half sheet of TroGlass with a thickness of 1/8 in. (3 mm) in any color (browse materials)
- fabric band or nylon cord
- super glue
- Christmas decoration
Step 1: Import /create design template
You can make your own design, or import our design template into your graphics program. Then send your design to the laser machine.
|process mode||resolution||cut line|
|color||enhanced geometries |
inner geometries first
Step 2: Laser process
After you place the acrylic sheet into your laser machine, you should cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power. Send the job to the laser cutter and process using the parameters below. After processing is complete, remove the protective laserable mask from the TroGlass. Then observe the elegant, polished acrylic edges!
|color||process||power (%)||speed (%)||ppi/HZ|
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl that are optimized for quality
- To download material parameters used for JobControl, go to www.troteclaser.com
Step 3: Post-processing
To assemble the Christmas tree, thread the bands through the single rings starting with the smallest one.
Fasten the rings with knots or use super glue to hold them in position. In our sample we used a distance of 10-12 in. between the rings.
Finish the piece by adding your creative touch. Add decorations of your choice to complete the impressive decoration.
Do not use candles with real flames for this acrylic tree. Use electric or battery-powered lighting to illuminate the tree.
- You can refine the design by adding engravings or changing the shape of the cutting contour.
- For a taller tree with more rings, use a second acrylic sheet and integrate the additional rings into the tree.