- 1/4 sheet TroLase ADA Signage 3.2 mm
- Foam material, 10 mm thick
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Speedy 400, 120 Watt
- 2" lens
- Vacuum table
- Acrylic cutting grid for TroLase ADA Signage
- Honeycomb cutting table for the foam
For this sample you can use any laser machine from the Speedy laser engraver series.
- TroLase ADA Signage is well suited for these kind of boxes because it is elastic and the parts fit together well
- Please make sure that the foam you are using is suited for laser engraving and cutting (no PVC or other prohibited materials)
Step 1: Import /create design template
Design your box or use our template. For a quick and easy creation of boxes, visit makeabox.io. Our box consists of the outer shell, a lid and a double foam insert. Send the graphic elements for outer shell and lid to your laser using the following parameters:
If you are creating your own box in makeabox.io, choose a kerf value of 0.2 mm to automatically compensate the kerf in the graphic design.
Step 2: Laser process box
For the outer shell and lid made of ADA Signage, use the parameters saved in JobControl®. The recommended parameters can vary depending on the laser machine used and the laser power of your machine. Position the ADA Signage on the acrylic cutting grid of your Trotec laser and cut the pieces out.
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimized for speed
- The material parameters of JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com
- Start the engraving from the bottom This reduces the cleaning.
Step 3: Design Foam
We used the Relief mode for the foam to achieve different engraving heights of the engraving. This enables you to optimally position name tags in different heights in the box. To do so, you just have to define different grayscales in the graphic: The darker the color, the deeper the engraving. Send the graphics to the laser using the following parameters:
inner geometries first
Make sure that the foam lies flat. You can maximize the vacuum by covering the engraving table.
Step 4: Laser process foam
Position the foam into the Trotec laser and cover the rest of the working area. Engrave and cut the two pieces of the insert.
Use the honeycomb cutting table to prevent the vacuum table to be "cut"
Step 5: Cleaning & Assembly
Put the single pieces of outer shell and lid together. Insert the foam and equip it with your nametags. Also nametags of multiple layers can be excellently presented in this box. A description of how to make this sample is available on our website - Name Tags "Paolas Cupcakes"
The additional bar in the lid holds the presentation box in an oblique position. To transport the box (e.g. when visiting customers), just remove the bar from the lid, put it into the box and close the lid. Impress and amaze your customers with this elegant presentation box.