Table lamp made of paper
Add more value to a standard IKEA table lamp by adding a laser-cut lamp shade.
- Photo cardboard or thick paper (approx. 180 - 300 g/m²)
- IKEA table lamp (ARRIE model) with LED bulb
- Material to cover the laser work area (e.g., paper sheets)
Trotec Laser and Accessories
- Speedy 400 (120W)
- 1.5" lens
- Acrylic Cutting Grid Table or Honeycomb Cutting Tabletop
Step by step
Step 1: Import the Design and Prepare the Paper for Laser Cutting
Download our template and, if needed, adapt the graphics to your lamp shade's size.
Once you have positioned the paper on your laser's work area, activate the exhaust and cover the remainder of the space with paper sheets. This technique will strengthen the suction force on the lamp shade, thereby preventing it from moving when cut.
Step 2: Laser Process the Paper
Send the file to your laser using the following JobControl® Print settings:
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Color||Enhanced geometries, Inner geometries First|
|Process||Colour||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
The laser parameters may vary depending on your laser machine and its wattage.
Step 3: Assemble the Lamp
Detach the lamp shade frame from the lamp stand. Next, secure the laser-cut paper lamp shade on the frame. Finally, mount the frame on the stand.
Your floral lamp is now ready to light up your space!
- Only use an LED bulb
- Ensure that sufficient distance is maintained between the light bulb and the lamp shade