You can make amazing name tags using different types of TroLase materials and your Trotec laser. Below is a step-by-step guide.
Engraving materials are available at Trotec. Browse our product range: www.engraving-supplies.ca
- TroLase Purple/White 1/16" L582-206
- TroLase Burgundy/White 1/16" L622-206
- TroLase Light grey/White 1/16" L322-206
- Magnet for name tags
Materials available at Trotec
- Speedy 360, 80 Watts with 1.5" lens
For this sample you can use any laser machine from the Speedy laser engraver series.
- Due to the delicate design we used the 1.5" lens
- Use the acrylic cutting grid or the aluminum cutting grid table. It reduces the beam reflections to a minimum.
See the complete production process in this video turorial:
Import our design template into your graphic program and adapt it according to your requirements.
Our template has been designed for 1/16" thick material. If you are using other types of engraving materials, you will need to adapt the parameters.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Color||enhanced geometries, |
inner geometries first
Place the sheet of wood in the laser and cover the rest of the table to get the best exhaust power. Engrave and cut the various parts.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimized for speed
- The material parameters of JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com
- Start the engraving from the bottom.This reduces the cleaning.
As soon as all parts have been engraved and cut, you can assemble them using super glue. Finally, affix the magnet or pin on the back of the name tag. Now it's ready!