Get ready to rock n' roll! In only a few steps, you can make your own guitar-shaped magnet.
- 1 sheet of Oak Veneered Wood (1/8")
- 1 round magnet
- 1 Gluegun (if the magnet does not have an adhesive backing)
Create your own design, or import our template (below) and make any desired edits. Send the file to your Trotec laser using the following settings:
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Color||enhanced geometries, inner geometries first|
Place the veneered wood sheet on on the honeycomb cutting table in your laser.
Cover the remaining work area (e.g., with standard printing paper) to strengthen the vacuum's suction force on the wood sheet. This trick will help to prevent it from moving while being cut and engraved.
NOTE: The exact laser processing parameters may vary depending on your specific laser system and its available wattage.
|Process||Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||Ppi/Hz|
|1||ON||6 mm||Top down||HQ|
|1||ON||1 mm||Top down||HQ|
|1||ON||3 mm||Top down||HQ|
Remove the guitar-shaped cutout from the laser's work area. The last step is to glue the magnet backing to the reserve side of the cutout.
Your magnet is now complete!
- Use Trotec's Laser Foil to make an edgy metallic fret board for your magnet
- If you plan to make a magnet as a gift, engrave the recipient's name on its front
- Recreate magnet versions of your favourite artists' guitars — perhaps Jimi Hendrix's, Eddie Van Halen's, or Jimmy Page's?