All you need to create these beautiful slippers for yourself or friends is simple artificial felt, needle, a thread and of course your Trotec laser.
- Artificial Felt, Green, 1/8" (approx. 17" x 13")
- Artificial Felt, Gray, 1/8" (approx. 9" x 12")
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Needle and thread
- Speedy 360
- 80 Watt, 2" lens
For this sample, any laser machine from the Speedy series can be used.
- Don't use too much laser power for cutting the felt as the cut edges will not be of the best quality if the power is too strong.
- The honeycomb cutting table top will help you achieve the best results. For even better results, use it in combination with the vacuum table.
Import our design template into your graphic program or make your own design. The template corresponds to a shoe size of 6.5/7.5. If you need a different size, make sure to edit the file accordingly. Send the sole and top parts files to the laser one at a time.
Put the green (or any colour) felt into the laser. Cover the rest of the table with sheets to maximize the exhaust power and cutting results. Engrave and cut the soles and the top parts out of the felt. Then cut the soles a second time out of the gray felt.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- You will find the parameter file for JobControl at the end of the article.
- The Z-offset during engraving will melt the material and give it a nice glossy appearance.
Put the gray sole, the green sole and the green top part above each other with the help of the positioning marks that were engraved by the laser. Finally, sew the three parts together. Thanks to the laser cut holes made in the design, this step should be extremely easy.
- If you would like to give these amazing slippers as a gift, the Trotec laser allows you to add the recipients' names on the slippers simply and quickly. The serial print function of CorelDraw allows you to add a complete list of different names automatically.
- You can also create a giant slipper for storage by enlarging the design.