With the R Series, we have developed the optimal entry-level model – for laser cutting, engraving and marking. These machines can implement many applications and have moderate purchase costs, which pay for themselves relatively quickly with frequent use.
It doesn't always have to be the most expensive or largest machine. It should fit the business model you have in mind and be suitable for most of the applications you want to cover.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What working area do I use most often? What are the dimensions of most of the objects I want to process?
- What materials do I mainly process, and in which thickness? The answers determine the laser power you’ll need.
- Will I need accessories (e.g. rotary engraving attachment)? Do I want to be able to offer customers additional benefits or more products?
Which questions is your laser machine supplier able to answer? Here are the topics your consultant will explain to you:
- Possible finance options
- Do you receive material tests, training offers, product demos and helpful support, including after the contract has been signed? What else does the laser salesperson offer you?
- It’s important for your day-to-day business that you’re able to fall back on a great service offer with fast, reliable support – preferably directly from the manufacturer – in case of an emergency.
Get an overview of recommended laser cutters – you may find the right model.
If a laser cutter qualifies as the “best affordable” option, this does not mean that it is only suitable for cutting.
Characteristics of Trotec’s R Series:
With a working area of up to 1300 x 900 mm and CO₂ DC laser type, these laser cutters are suitable for standard panel sizes.
These machines easily cut and engrave acrylic and wood with material thicknesses of up to 15 mm. Other materials: Textiles and papers in different thicknesses.
A comparison of the working areas of our affordable laser cutters:
|Working area||1030 x 630 mm||1300 x 900 mm|
|Laser power CO2||60 - 100 watts||60 - 120 watts|
|Cutting thickness||12 mm||15 mm|
Material compatibility of the R Series.
Who are the most frequent users?
Producers of signs, fashion and gift items, toys, decorative elements, model and prototype construction.
Cost-effective, robust, reliable.
The advantages of the R Series of Trotec laser cutters developed in Austria include lower purchase costs, robust mechanics and reliable electronics.
Cut and engrave a wide variety of materials.
Easily produce models and prototypes made of cardboard, plywood or thin acrylic, as well as signage, gifts, decorative items or toys.
Clean and accurate.
You can legibly engrave fonts starting from as small as 6 points.
The purchase costs of a laser cutter depends on the configuration and equipment. Each machine is configured individually according to our customers' requirements. Asking how much a laser machine costs is a bit like asking the price of a car. Without knowing if the customer needs a sports car or a truck, you can’t make a general statement about this.
You should develop a clear business plan. It needs to include details about what products you want to manufacture and the customer group you want to target. This will help you identify the laser power needed to achieve the stated goals. The working area also plays an important role, as do customised accessories, such as exhaust systems and processing tables – these also contribute to the overall price.
Safety, operating ergonomics and functional design are important for your daily work with a laser cutter. The Trotec R Series offers maximum visibility into the laser interior – a viewing window provides insight into the work progress at any point, even from a distance. The workpiece can be positioned easily thanks to the ergonomic and open design.
The R models and their safety features:
- CE-certified according to: Safety of machines EN 60204-1, safety of laser products IEC 60825-1/-4/-14, IT equipment EN 55022, 55024, low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies IEC 60439-1.
- The double interlock system and laser safety shutter system of laser class 2 protect the laser user
- Built-in emergency stop and key switch
How do you operate a laser cutter correctly?What do you need to know?
A laser machine requires software with which to control it. With Trotec software you can send files from all image processing and CAD programs (e.g. CorelDraw, Photopaint, Adobe Illustrator,...) directly to the laser machine. It’s similar to a printer driver. This software is included when you purchase one of our laser machines and is relatively easy to install on your PC/Mac.
How much maintenance is required?
The cleaning effort is minimal – even with our best affordable laser cutters. Why? Because sensitive components (lenses, linear guides) are protected from dust and dirt by our InPack Technology™ with integrated air flushing.
Both our high-end and best affordable laser cutters are protected from dust and dirt by our InPack Technology™. This technology, which has been designed for everyday use, our trainings for the optimal handling of the machine and system maintenance by Trotec technical support ensure a long service life.
What is the service life of Trotec laser machines?