- quarter sheet of 1.6mm pink/white TroLase (available at Trotec)
- quarter sheet of 0.5mm black/white TroLase Thins with self-adhesive back (available at Trotec)
- a binding screw
- paper for content
- Speedy 360 laser engraver, 80 Watts
- 1.5" lens
- vacuum table with acrylic cutting grid table
Note: You can make the photo-engraved menu card using any laser machine from the Speedy series.
- for a detailed engraving of a photo we recommend using the 1.5" lens
- for a good cutting result we recommend using the acrylic cutting grid table
Step 1: Cover Sheet
The first step is to decide what design you want to use. You can create your own design or useour template. With the integrated photo mode, our JobControl laser software provides a simple step-by-step workflow for engraving photos. Get more detailed information and tips and tricks for photo engraving here:
Send your design to the laser using following settings:
Step 2: Laser process cover sheet
Set the parameters as described below. The laser parameters may vary depending on the type of laser machine you are using and available laser power.
Step 3: Material Handling
Remove the protective foil from the pink TroLase material and put it into your Trotec laser. Run the engraving (black) and the cut jobs (red and blue).
Step 4: Rhombic pattern
As an eye catcher, we combined two different materials for our menu card. Send the second graphic, the rhombic pattern, to your Trotec laser by using the following parameters:
- We use the JobControl® standard parameter optimized for quality.
Step 5: Laser process rhombic pattern
Put your TroLase Thin material in your Trotec-Laser. Remove the protective foil, run the engraving job from bottom to top, and cut the job.
Step 6: Post-processing
Clean the surface and the edges of both TroLase-materials with a damp cloth. Take the rhombic pattern and apply it to the photoengraved cover. Finally, add your content to the menu card and clip it with the binding screw. And voilà - be proud of your unique menu card.
Of course you can also create amazing menu cards out of materials like TroGlass or our Trotec Wood. Here are some samples.