Laser Cut a Paper
Create a personalized Christmas card using a laser.
- Paper approx. 200 g fir-tree green
- Paper approx. 200 g white
- Paper glue
Trotec laser used
- Speedy 300
- 60 watts
- 1.5 inch lens
Step by step
This sample is made from two pieces of paper. We start by engraving and cutting the green paper, and then the white paper. If you like, you can add your personal inscription.
We recommend the following laser parameters:
- Grid engraving: power: 15 %, speed: 70 %, resolution: 500 ppi
- Vector marking – scoring: power:10 %, speed: 8 %, resolution: 1000 Hz
- Vector cut – cutting through: power: 15 %, speed: 2 %, resolution: 1000 Hz
Once you have cut both pieces of paper, fold the green paper along its center folding line so that the engraving is on the inside. After that, open it again and fold it along the other folding lines (marked red in the file). This will create a three-dimensional object.
Next, apply a thin layer of glue to the back side of the green paper and glue it to the white paper. Leave the card folded open until the glue has dried completely.