You can use your Trotec laser machine and TroLase laminates to make fun and creative name tags. Here is a step-by-step guide.
Check out our broad line of engraving materials: www.engraving-supplies.com.
- TroLase Purple/White 1.6 mm L582-206
- TroLase Burgundy/White 1.6 mm L622-206
- TroLase Light grey/White 1.6 mm L322-206
- Magnet for name tags
Materials available at Trotec
- Speedy 360, 80 Watts with 1.5" lens
You can create this sample using any laser machine from the Speedy laser engraver series.
- Due to the delicate design, use the 1.5" lens for best results
- Use the acrylic cutting grid or the aluminum cutting grid table to reduce the beam reflections
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design template into your graphic program. Modify the template so that it meets your requirements.
We designed our template for 1.6 mm material. Be sure to adapt the parameters if you are using engraving materials of a different type or thickness.
inner geometries first
Step 2: Laser process
First position the wood sheet into your laser and cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power. Then engrave and cut the various parts.
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimized for speed
- The material parameters of JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com
- If you start the engraving from the bottom, it will reduce the cleaning required
Step 3: Post-processing
Once all the parts have been engraved and cut, use super glue to assemble them. The final step is to affix the magnet or pin on the back of the name tag. Now it's ready!
You can also use the parameters optimized for quality. This enhances the engraving result.