Use a simple artificial felt, needle and a thread and your Trotec laser to make exceptional felt slippers for your family and guests.
- 3mm artificial felt green (approx. 17 x 13"/420 x 315 mm)
- 3 mm artificial felt gray (approx. 9 x 12"/220 x 300 mm)
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Needle and thread
- Speedy 360
- 80 Watt, 2" lens
For this sample, any laser machine from the Speedy series can be used.
- Don't use too much laser power for cutting the felt. It would reduce the quality of the cutting edges.
- With the honeycomb cutting table top you achieve the best results. Ideally, use it in combination with the vacuum table.
Step by step
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design template into your graphic program or make your own design. The template corresponds to shoe size 6.5/7.5 (UK: 5.5/6.5, EU: 39/40). Send the files of sole and top parts to the laser separately.
Step 2: Laser process
Put the green felt into the laser. Cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power and cutting results. Engrave and cut the soles and the top parts out of the green felt. Then cut the soles again out of the gray felt.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- You will find the parameter file for your JobControl at the end of the article.
- Due to the Z-offset during engraving the material is well melted and appears glossy.
Step 3: Post-processing
Put the gray sole, the green sole and the green top part above each other. On the inner side of the sole you will find a positioning mark for the various parts. Finally, sew the three parts together. The laser cut holes make this step very easy.
- The Trotec laser allows you to add the recipients' names on the slippers simply and quickly. The serial print function of CorelDraw allows you to add a complete list of different names automatically.
- Enlarge the design and produce a giant felt slippers as storage possibility.