Use the following step-by-step instructions to laser engrave and cut a muffin or cupcake case created from TroLase Thins.
Using this guide, you may change the size of the graphic or use materials in different colors. You can use the finished case to store cupcakes, or you can place a candle in a glass in it and use it as a festive decoration.
TroLase Thins Port Wine / Gold (0.5mm thick)
Trotec Laser Used
- Speedy 300
- 80 watts
- 2.0 inch lens
Step 1: Design
Create your design in a graphics program, or import our template. The sections shaded in black are engraving areas. Define the cutting lines as follows: width - hairline; R - 255; G - 0; B - 0. (In our design, the cutting lines are the snowflakes and border lines.) You can also add text at the bottom of the graphic for a personal touch.
Step 2: Bend graphic
You can bend the strip to a muffin case at any time during the process. To do this, simply bend the graphics in Adobe Illustrator using the warping tool. In Corel Draw, you can do this with the "envelope" tool. (Access this by going to the menu: Effects > Envelope > Simple arc > putty). Hold Ctrl and then drag the lines to the desired arc.
Step 3: Settings
WE USED THE FOLLOWING SET-UP:
Machine Used: Speedy 300, 80 Watts
Cutting parameters: power: 300% - speed: 1.5% - frequency: 1000 Hz- air assist: ON
Engraving parameters: power: 70% - speed: 80% - frequency: 500 ppi - air assist: ON - Z-Offset: 1mm - high quality: ON
Choose the "bottom" start position from the menu plate set-up. Remove the protective foil from the laminate and check the vacuum. Next, focus the laser. Then you are ready to begin!
Step 4: Improve your results
Here are some tips to help you improve your results:
- Consider the cutting sequence: The cutting lines are considered bottom up in the production process. Therefore, place the outline at the top position in Corel Draw Object Manager.
- Cover unused parts of the table with paper to increase the vacuum.
- Select "bottom" as the engraving start position to prevent deposits from settling on engraved areas and possibly discolor the product.
- First clean the case with a damp cloth, and then dry, preferably while it is still in the machine.
- If there is any color residue, check the parameters, focus and check the rest of the laminate on the table.