Each stone listed below is a type that is very well suited for laser engraving, and provides the best processing results from our own experience. The accompanying values were determined using a Speedy 360, 100W, and ultimately, your specific laser system, available laser power, and unique stone and graphics will cause variations in results.
- Marble: p50%, v20%, 1000dpi, Z = -0.5mm
- Slate: p20%, v100%, 500dpi
- Concrete blocks: p100%, v20%, 500dpi
- Pebble stones: p80%, v30%, 500dpi, Z = +2
- Basalt: p12%, v50%, 500dpi, Z = -1
- Agate: p50%, v30%, 1000dpi, Z = +1.5
- Bricks: p100%, v30%, 500dpi, Z = +1.5
Certain stones, such as bright granite, will not always engrave well and will be more limited when it comes to laser processing. Because of the lighter color of the stone, you will have to inlay the engraving with color post-processing to achieve a higher contrast.
Download laser parameters