It takes no more than 2 minutes per day to keep the optics clean!
Start by visually inspecting the lens and the mirror on the machining head once a day and checking the side mirrors once a month.
It is a good idea to set fixed times for visual inspections. For example, check the lens every morning, and inspect he side mirrors on the first day of the month. That is all that is necessary, because the optics are protected from dust and dirt by the InPack Technology™.
Clean the lens whenever you see dirt on it to improve the quality of the laser engraving or cutting, and to prevent the lens from breaking.
- Blow off lint and dust with a blower or compressed air
- Have some detergent and wipes on hand
- Move the working table upward. If the lens falls down during removal, it not fall far and will not break easily.
- Remove the lens and rinse it with cleaning fluid
- Place a drop of cleaning fluid on the lens and leave it on for about 1 minute
- Wipe off with a moist cleaning cloth
Now the lens is impeccably clean again and ready for the next application. When cleaning the mirror, you can take the same steps.
The lenses and mirrors are fragile, so handle them with care. Avoid touching the lens with your fingers or with tools, because the danger of scratching the surface is too great.
We recommend using the included cleaning set, but you can also use cotton swabs.