The Trodat Group – and therefore Trotec – is setting a good example in the field of climate protection. As early as 1993, at a time when not anyone and everyone was talking about the Kyoto Protocol and the strict Austrian environmental laws had not reached the standard they are at today, the Trodat Group had already started to implement measures to ensure better energy use.
Throughout the entire value-added process, we pay a great deal of attention to the efficient use of energy and the careful handling of raw materials. Our laser technology and the latest filter technology enable us, for example, to offer our customers production systems which protect the environment by avoiding the use of chemicals in the laser engraving, laser cutting or laser marking of materials.
In 2008, we were awarded EN ISO14001:2004 certification
Clean raw materials
- Total avoidance of substances such as zinc, cadmium, lead and PVC
- On-going supplier-screening according to environmental and quality certification
Economic use of energy
- Economic handling of energy and raw materials
- 62 % of the electricity requirement is met using renewable energy
- Reduction of waste
- Packaging recycling
- Implementation of efficient and gentle production processes
- Avoidance of production waste
- The entire production process is completely free from waste water
- Reduction of carbon by switching from fuel oil to natural gas
- Reduction of goods transported by air
The Trotec headquarters office building in Austria is self-sustaining in respect to energy needed for heating, cooling and ventilation.