One sign, four layers, different sign making techniques. Engraving and cutting is combined with multi layer technique and dimensional lettering. Use backlit with LEDs to put the sign in the best perspective.
Acrylics and Laminates / engravable plastics, 3 mm, 6 mm and 10 mm Acrylics
Used Trotec Laser:
- Speedy 360
- 100 watts
- 2 inch lens and 2.5 inch lens
Open the file "Multi-layer-sign" in your graphics software, then send it to the laser. Settings for speed and laser power may vary depending on the machine used.
Power: 60 %, Speed: 100 %, Resolution: 500 dpi, air assist on, z-Offset: +1mm
Use reverse engraving to protect your materials from dust and keep them clean.
- 3 mm Acrylics
Power: 40 %, Speed 0,2 %, Frequency 20.000 Hz, air assist on
- 6 mm Acrylics
Vector marking: Power: 10 %, Speed 1 %, Frequency 2000 Hz, air assist on
Cutting: Power: 95 %, Speed 0,2 %, Frequency 20.000 Hz, Z-offset -2 mm, air assist on
- 10 mm Acrylics
Cutting: Power: 95 %, Speed 0,1 %, Frequency 20.000 Hz, Z-offset -3 mm, air assist on
- Use the 2 inch lens for engraving the laminate and for cutting 3 mm acrylics
- For cutting acrylics of 6 or 10 mm use the 2.5 inch lens and keep in mind that a good exhaust is very important for perfect cutting results when cutting acrylics.
- Proper preparation is the secret: Prepare the layers with double-sided adhesive tape, then the assembling only takes some minutes.
- Help yourself: Engraving the baseplate and the laminate helps for the correct positioning.
- Mounting a top layer on the 10 mm acrylics creates a visual multidimensional effect.
- Be creative! Post your sign ideas on our facebook - Page!