Use acrylic to make this extraordinary Christmas tree. (To browse full materials range, please visit www.engraving-supplies.ca)
- 1/2 sheet TroGlass, any colour, 1/8", available at Trotec
- fabric band or nylon cord
- super glue
- Christmas decoration
Use the acrylic grid cutting table for perfect cutting results on acrylic.
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design template into your graphic program or make your own design. Then send your design to the laser.
|process mode||resolution||cut line|
|color||enhanced geometries |
inner geometries first
Step 2: Laser process
Laser cutting TroGlass acrylic creates elegant, polished edges. Position the acrylic sheet into your laser and cover the rest of the table to maximize the exhaust power. Remove the protective foil after the laser process.
|colour||process||power (%)||speed (%)||ppi/HZ|
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl, which are optimized for quality
- To download material parameters used for JobControl, go to www.troteclaser.com
Step 3: Post-processing
To assemble the Christmas tree, thread the bands through the single rings starting with the smallest one.
Fasten the rings with knots or use super glue to hold them in position. In our sample we used a distance of 10-12 inches between the rings.
Now let your creativity flow and decorate the acrylic tree with any items you like.
Do not use candles with real flames for this acrylic tree. Use electrical candles or light chains to illuminate the tree.
- You can refine the design by adding engravings or changing the shape of the cutting contour.
- For a taller tree with more rings, use a second acrylic sheet and integrate the additional rings into the tree.