Broaden the possibilities beyond traditional laser marking on metals and plastics. With a Trotec MOPA laser, you can mark plastics with high-contrast for increased clarity, mark (anodised) aluminium in black, or mark a range of colours on steel. In addition, the MOPA laser is comparatively faster when compared with traditional fibre lasers.
The pulse durations of the MOPA Laser can be set to predefined values between 4 and 200 ns. The MOPA laser is an extremely flexible laser offering many applications. The pulse duration can simulate the properties of both conventional fiber lasers (relatively long pulses) and those of classical solid state lasers (relatively short pulses) such as Nd:YAG or Nd:YVO4 (vanadate).
The short pulses and lower pulse energy reduce the amount of heat transferred to the material. This results in more advantages and possibilities for laser marking metals and plastics:
- Less burning/melting in the edge area of metal engravings
- Less heat development during annealing markings on metal, which leads to a better corrosion behavior
- Creation of reproducible annealing colors on stainless steel
- Black marking of anodized aluminum
- Controlled melting of plastics
- Less foaming with plastics
- More homogeneous and sometimes higher-contrast markings on some plastics
The advantages of conventional fiber laser sources include:
- long service life
- economical purchase price