Acrylic Valentines Day Necklace Charms
Creating beautiful glass edges when cutting acrylic - Using laser tape and a acrylic cutting grid table will help to create a nice down draft. Having a good down draft is important for creating beautiful glass edges when cutting acrylic.
- 1 sheet of 3mm thick acrylic
- Laser tape
- Necklace chain
- 6mm jump rings
- Needle nose pliers
Engraving materials available at Trotec, browse product range:
- Speedy 400
- 120 watt
- 2.0" lens
- acrylic cutting grid table
For this sample you can use any laser machine from the Speedy laser engraver series or SP laser cutter series.
- We used cast acrylic.
- We choose a darker colored acrylic for a more elegant look.
- When creating a glass edge it is important to have a nice down draft. Which makes laser tape (painter tape) an important tool to have.
Step by step
Step 1: Import /create design template
When creating a necklace charm you are more than welcomed to use our file templet or create your own beautiful necklace charms. The laser parameters that are give might vary depending on material used.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
Step 2: Laser process
Use the acrylic cutting grid table for laser cutting acryl. Place the material onto your laser and seal off the rest of the laser table with tape. This will increase the exhaust power creating a better down draft.
Find more tips for acrylic processing
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimized for speed. The material parameters of JobControl can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com
Step 3: Post-processing
Insert the split rings into the eyelets provided and attach the chains to them. There are no limits to your creativity.
The TroGlass line offers a variety of color options depending on your personal preference of color.