At Trotec, we are committed to supporting our customers and community, and one of the most basic ways we can do this is by taking precautions to help everyone stay healthy. To that end, we are taking measures to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus – including eliminating all non-essential business travel, drastically minimizing the number of staff members working in the facility, adopting stricter sanitation procedures, and implementing new interactive virtual communication methods. Our number-one concern is to protect the health of its employees and community, and to ensure that we can continue to provide you with the service and support you need.
We are closely monitoring the impact of the coronavirus at a global and local level for all business units, and following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local authorities. Other measures we are taking involve offering interactive digital methods for communicating with customers, including webinar options for monthly educational workshops, and using live-streaming technology with live interaction to provide virtual product demos and conduct other customer meetings.
Here is an overview of our policies and procedures related to COVID-19:
- Travel for internal meetings has stopped and all non-essential business travel has been eliminated
- We have issued guidelines to employees for workplace hygiene and sanitizing efforts for our sites to minimize the spread of the virus
- Employees who are sick or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 have been instructed to stay home and seek medical guidance.
- All large-scale, onsite social interactions and events have been cancelled for the time being. Please be sure to check our event calendar for changes to our scheduled events.
- Most of our sales and services teams are working remotely and equipped with the tools to handle the majority of your needs virtually. Where an onsite visit is essential, they will call ahead to adhere with your visitation policies.
Our production is alive and well. We can ship you a laser from our factory or from one of our local warehouses. We are working closely with our supply chain to ensure continuity of services and raw materials to ensure the pandemic has minimal impact for both yours and our businesses. We can deliver your laser already pre-set up and we can go through the final stages of the installation and training with you via video link and TeamViewer if necessary, so we can have you fully operational immediately.
- We continue to offer full demonstrations on our entire portfolio of Laser machines in person or virtually.
- For those who don't want to or cannot travel, we are also offering demonstrations using live web streaming.
- We will be offering some exceptional promotions to help our clients prepare to drive their businesses forward again. Please keep checking our email communication and website.
- Our materials business is still fully stocked and operational, with no anticipated disruptions in service or product availability.
- As always, you can purchase online via our webshop, or contact our materials team online.
- We are working with our delivery partners to ensure a swift and responsive delivery service for you as normal.
- All consumables staff work within our very strict guidelines on hygiene protocol.
- Our technical support teams remain fully operational to support you during this time.
- We are drastically reducing onsite service calls, but continue to offer support via ia TeamViewer and telephone/video interaction.
- In many cases, we can also still offer you onsite service from one of our Regional Service and Support centers located throught the United States; however, we ask both our staff and our clients to take the necessary hygiene protocols as outlined by the WHO, CDC and local authorities.
- If a site visit isn't an option, we will also be happy to accept your machine back to our local technical service workshop so we can identify the issue, resolve it, and send your machine back to you quickly and efficiently. (Please note: Local shipping charges may apply.)
- We have a complete stock of our technical service parts, so if you need a lens, filter or anything else, we can provide them quickly and efficiently.