Create a multi-layer sign using different sign making techniques. You can combine engraving and cutting with a multi-layer technique and dimensional lettering. Use backlit with LEDs to put the sign in the best perspective.
- Acrylics and Laminates / engravable plastics
- We used 3 mm, 6 mm and 10 mm Acrylics
Used Trotec Laser:
- Speedy 360
- 100 watts
- 2 inch lens and 2.5 inch lens
Open the file "Multi-layer-sign" file in your graphics software and send it to the laser. Settings for speed and laser power may vary depending on the machine used.
Power: 60 %, Speed: 100 %, Resolution: 500 dpi, air assist on, z-Offset: +1 mm
Use reverse engraving to protect your materials from dust and keep them clean.
- 3 mm Acrylics
Power: 40 %, Speed 0,2 %, Frequency 20.000 Hz, air assist on
- 6 mm Acrylics
Vector marking: Power: 10 %, Speed 1 %, Frequency 2000 Hz, air assist on
Cutting: Power: 95 %, Speed 0,2 %, Frequency 20.000 Hz, Z-offset -2 mm, air assist on
- 10 mm Acrylics
Cutting: Power: 95 %, Speed 0,1 %, Frequency 20.000 Hz, Z-offset -3 mm, air assist on
- Use the 2-inch lens for engraving the laminate and for cutting 3 mm acrylics
- For cutting acrylics of 6 or 10 mm, use the 2.5 inch lens and keep in mind that a good exhaust is
very important for perfect cutting results when cutting acrylics.
- Proper preparation is key. Prepare the layers with double-sided adhesive tape, then the
assembling only takes some minutes.
- Engraving the baseplate and the laminate helps for the correct positioning.
- Mounting a top layer on the 10 mm acrylics creates a visual multidimensional effect.
- Be creative! Post your sign ideas on our facebook - Page!