Use our instructions and design files below to create a personalized gift box out of heavy cardstock or corrugated cardboard.
- One sheet of Trotec Laser Paper Metals Galvanized 300gsm
- double-sided adhesive tape, extra strong
- covering material
Use the smallest possible cone. This prevents the material from being stained with burn marks.
Start by downloading our graphic. You can add your own design elements and/or adapt it according to your requirements. Then send the graphic to the laser using the settings below.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Cut job||1000 dpi||none|
|Color||Optimized geometries, inner geometries first|
Position the card stock inside your laser face down. Cover the rest of the working area so that you get a sufficient vacuum to hold the material in place. Then enter your material settings. Our recommended parameters can vary depending on laser type and available laser power.
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
|cutting slowly: red||Cut CO2||30||1.5||5000|
|scratching: blue||Cut CO2||10||3||5000|
|cutting fast: green||Cut CO2||50||3||5000|
Use the external compressed air (= Gas 1) with 4 bar pressure to blow the smoke through the cutting slots. This ensures clean-cut edges.
Create a "gutter" along the scratched cutting lines to achieve a nice fold. You can either use a ballpoint-pen or a folding stick. Apply double-sided adhesive tape on the six flaps. Crease all folding lines to remove the tension from the cardboard. Then glue the box together to complete the project.
- For an individual look, you can paint the box after cutting.
- Put a piece of acrylic or wood underneath the cut-out design. An individual engraving becomes visible when you open the box.
- Replace the words "Happy Birthday" with other messages or dates, so you can quickly and easily offer your customers the option to personalize the box.