Tradeshow & Event Coordinator
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Tradeshow & Event Coordinator's role is to support the sales and marketing process by being the on-site representative of the marketing department and brand ambassador for the company. This person will be responsible for on-site coordination and execution of logistics during setup, tear-down and during the entirety of each event. The Tradeshow & Event Coordinator is also accountable for lead generation and capture during all events and tradeshows. A primary expectation of this person is to have the ability to understand and demonstrate internal and external customer service. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to think and act quickly in response to trouble shooting, have flexibility and the ability to multitask.
The Tradeshow & Event Coordinator works closely with the Customer Journey Team to provide support for corporate tradeshows and sponsorship programs (50+ events annually) to ensure successful execution. This includes assisting with logistical planning of large multi-segment tradeshows as well as supporting smaller events. This role requires 50% travel (within the continental U.S.).
- Work with Customer Journey Team team to coordinate logistics and deliverables for trade shows. Logistics can include: booking booth and meeting space, creation of registration badges, managing housing, packing and sending exhibition material from the warehouse and returning exhibition materials to the warehouse.
- Work with vendors, e.g. exhibit house, printers, etc., to ensure timely, cost-effective execution.
- Manage sponsorship schedule including working with internal partners on upcoming. sponsorship activity, fulfilling logistical requests and updating spreadsheet with recent activity
- Assist in creation and send of pre-show and post-show communications.
- Develop staffing and pre-conference training schedules.
- Travel to and support onsite execution and management of key events, including show set-up and tear-down.
- Track expenses and assist in complete financial reconciliation.
- Ensure processing of show leads in CRM system and distribution to sales force.
- Maintain show schedules, project checklist and processes through exhibit management templates.
- Maintain brand and support PR across all events and customer facing activities.
- 1-2 year's experience in trade show/events or hospitality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up, budgeting, and time management skills
- Adept at handling multiple complex projects simultaneously under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of marketing communications and graphics helpful.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (including strong knowledge of excel),
- Willing to travel up to 50% domestically to organize events as needed, includes travel on some evenings and weekends.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45lbs.
- On-site duties may require bending, walking, or standing for an extended period of time.