Laser Applications Specialist
Overall responsibility for the company’s Applications Lab including managing and processing customer requests for samples, developing samples for trade shows and other sales and marketing programs, providing advice to sales staff and customers on all aspects of laser operation and selection.
Reports to: Industrial Sales Manager
Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience. A highly organized individual with the ability to take on new challenges with insight to evaluate, plan and follow through with a viable solution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
This is a direct-hire assignment. Pay will be based on relevant experience. This position is available because of growth. Qualified candidates can interview and start immediately.
- Process customer requests for samples and provide professional reports.
- Manage the Applications Lab including scheduling and completion of application testing as well as customer visits for equipment demonstrations
- Demonstrate machine functions to customers in the lab and at trade shows.
- Develop samples for trade shows and other sales and marketing programs.
- Program laser machine to perform complex tasks.
- Operate the machine to become an expert on the machine.
- Provide training on the laser to staff and customers.
- Develop training materials.
- Optimize customer applications including time studies in order to provide data to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No degree required
- A minimum of 2 years experience is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with clear organization and communication
- Proficient in Graphics Design Software comparable to Illustrator or CorelDraw
- Experience with operating CO2 and fiber laser machines is preferred
- Occasional overnight travel to support customers and associates as well as attendance at Industry Trade Shows