Table lamp made of paper
Add more value to a standard IKEA table lamp by adding a laser-cut lamp shade.
- Photo cardboard or thick paper (approx. 180 - 300 g/m²)
- IKEA table lamp ARRIE with LED bulb
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Trotec Speedy 400
- 120 Watt
- Use a cutting table (honeycomb or acrylic grid) for best cutting results
- Use a 1.5 inch lens
Step by step
Step 1: Import /create design template
Import our design templates into your graphic program and adapt it to the size of your lamp shade. Send it to the laser with the recommended laser parameters. The parameters might vary depending on the machine used and the available laser power.
Once you have positioned your paper into the laser machine, switch on the exhaust and cover the rest of the table with white paper to increase the exhaust performance.
Step 2: Laser Process
Cut out the design from the paper.
- power 17%
- speed 2.5%
- frequency 1000 Hz
- Air Assist on
Select these two options in JobControl® to get perfect cutting results.
- Optimized geometries
- Inner geometries first
Step 3: Assemble your lamp
Remove the standard lamp shade and cover it with your laser cut shade. Mount it on the lampstand.
- Only use a LED bulb
- Make sure to have enough distance between the bulb and the lamp shade